Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Oh the spills

I'm sure that most moms can relate to this ... But we have an unreasonable amount of spills in our home. And I much as I would just LOVE to blame it on the kids the truth is I spill probably 3 times the amount of stuff that they do.


I start running behind and get in a rush then I end up spilling everything I touch especially in the kitchen. Lately I feel like I have been in a rush almost every waking hour! HA! Then I spill something, this evening it was a cup of Baja Blast mountain dew, and get even further behind than what I was to begin with.


This evening I could hear God saying "Brittany slow down!" And yes he was stating it with an exclamation mark :) Sometimes we get caught up in the hustle and bustle and we wish days away. But in the grand scheme of things most of the stuff doesn't matter and these babies won't be babies forever. They will be grown in the blink of an eye.


So I am trying to remember to slow down and savor the little moments. Whether its Payson wanting to sit in my lap as I type, or Dalton wanting me to watch a cartoon with him, or Nick wanting to sing Patty Cake for the 20th time in the last 20 minutes. Each moment is a memory we will have together.


So tonight forget about the laundry (I assure you it will still be there tomorrow), let the dishes stay in the sink a little longer (or use the dishwasher!!!), don't worry about vacuuming, sweeping, or mopping because it will be just as sticky and dusty tomorrow as it is right now. And just enjoy the little moments that our lives are filled with.


X


It Won't Be Like this for Long

No comments:

Post a Comment