Monday, October 14, 2013

We have arrived...

We traveled into Ohio to pick up our service dog yesterday!


This morning is the first morning of class and it's almost surreal. We have been working on this since last year but we thought we still have at least another year of waiting ahead of us. So to be here now and to have prepared in a week...it's just been a whirlwind.

There were times in our fundraising when I would be thinking to myself "is this really worth it." I dismissed it straightly because if I didn't think it was worth it why would anyone else? It's hard to fund raise that much money and to try to do it quickly so that the waiting is kept to a minimum. I feel very blessed to have this surprise dog come long earlier than expected!

Of course, at a gas station somewhere in KY, Dalton made a friend that had a 4 wheeler at a gas station. This older gentleman took him for a ride around the building. I was in the van and I could kind of hear the conversation going on between Charlie and the guy as he was asking if Dalton could go. I was thinking "Charlie please don't say yes, please don't say yes" Then of course Dalton got on the 4 wheeler and the gentleman's wife came out of the store and stood and talk to us while he rode. But I thought to myself that "it's terrible that in this day and age, we trust NO ONE!" There are some good people in this world.

The kids did really well on our adventure. We had to stop only 3 or 4 times, which isn't bad with 3 kids! Quite frankly I was getting more tired of being in a vehicle than they other I believe. Last night we got to go swimming. Which is Dalton's favorite activity! To our surprise Payson actually got in and loved it as well. She refused to get in the outdoor pool this summer but loved this one. It was supposed to be heated but it wasn't very warm, just warm enough to knock the chill off. So, Nick didn't spend a lot of time in the pool.

We are very very very excited to meet Arizona this morning. We are so thankful to everyone to helped us get here! Thankful that the good Lord had this special dog come around a little early than expected to help us out!

X

Job 35:11 NKJV -- Who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth,
And makes us wiser than the birds of heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment