Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cutting toe nails


I always think to myself, If the kids would just go to sleep I could get so much accomplished. Ha!! What do I do when 2 out of 3 children are sleep? Well, that's a good question! I'm writing on my blog, of course!

Writing on my blog seems like a much better option than the laundry that needs to put away and the bags that need to be packed or the car that needs to be loaded up once the bags are packed.

Dalton has had a pretty good week at school. We are finally getting in a groove and he is accomplishing some work!

I know that cutting toe nails to most people is an everyday ordinary thing! No biggie. But in our household things like cutting nails or hair, brushing hair, or brushing teeth can but an ordeal. More so the nails & hair then anything else.

Cutting Dalton's hair is like taking his blood at times. It takes multiple people to hold him down and multiple attempts to get it right. About 1 1/2 months ago we conquered cutting his finger nails while he was awake. Of course he has to be watching Netflix on the iPad to do it but that's okay with me.

However, cutting his toe nails is a whole other story. I normally do it while he is completely asleep and I have to do it over the course of a few tries because he ends up waking up. Obviously, this is something we have been trying to get him to work through. For him cutting his toe nails is like fingernails on a chalkboard for most people. As soon as you grab his foot and tell him what you are doing he starts saying "No, No!" then proceeds to the crying and meltdown stage.

BUT yesterday we did it! Yep I cut his toe nails while he was awake and watching Netflix. No tears, no meltdowns, barely even an attempt to stop me. I was thoroughly excited.

X

Corinthians 9:15 NKJV
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment