Monday, May 27, 2013

The run...

The run went awesomely!! When we left the house Saturday morning headed to town for the 5k/walk. We had 15 runners who had pre-registered for the race and 16 for the walk. We ended up having 55 runners and 24 walkers! Blown away--that is the only words to express how I felt! God was there I know that for sure. I prayed and prayed that he would bring people in to help support and as usual he showed up in a big way!

It was a shocking turnout for our first race. I was amazed and touched by everyone who showed up for the race. I'm in awe of the support that flows out of my hometown. Every time I ask they show up, hand out, give or whatever we ask of them. Growing up the first thing on my to do list was to get out of this place and now I can't imagine not being here. Even though we currently live in Bristol, we are here often and wouldn't trade it for the world!

Of course everything went wrong. We ran out of t-shirts because we didn't expect that many people to show up. Then I messed up and didn't buy enough awards because apparently my counting skills have declined! BUT everyone was very understanding and cooperative and it was much appreciated. Afterwards we went down to Heritage days and painted faces. I didn't see very many kids' faces without some type of face painting on them.

Now that many more people have at least heard of Fragile X. Everyone who participated got a flyer telling what Fragile X is and how it can affect someone. I just hope they read at least some of it...

Now it's on to our next shindig :) Dalton's dog! June 29th we are going to get it done! (Fingers crossed) We lack about $8,500 to having the dog paid for. I know that God's will will be done above all else.

X

Matthew 19:26 NKJV--"With God all things are possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment