Saturday, January 12, 2013

Unprepared

We have been preparing to welcome our new baby (for what seems like forever) and I feel like we haven't made near the progress we should have! He will be here next week either by choice or by the doctor's choice and I'm feeling very unprepared. We will be having him tested when he is born to see if he will be affected by Fragile X or not.

Since the last time I wrote we have had all kinds of "fun" so to speak. Dalton ended up having to have surgery the Friday before Christmas to drain an abscess in his ear canal and to have tubes put back in. We were on our 4th doctor by the time we got a correct diagnosis and he is in surgery within 3 hours. So you can imagine how high my frustration level was by then. I was definitely unprepared for it.

Next week we will be busy! We are meeting with the Special Education Pre-School teacher next week to hopefully have Dalton starting school by February. I'm definitely not prepared for this event. I think once he gets started he will enjoy it but I'm a nervous wreck about the whole thing!

Unpreparedness, I might have made that word up, has become a specialty of mine. I am sure that many parents feel the same way. It seems we are constantly in a state of readjustment or unexpected circumstances! I'm becoming accustomed to feeling unprepared but usually when the time comes I'm able to make it up as I go or "wing it" so to say.

Dalton has been doing so well in Speech and OT though. His behavior during speech has improved greatly even though he still struggles some days he is doing much better.

On a side note. Charlie and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary next Sunday! God love this man for putting up with me! Especially during this pregnancy! My emotions have been all kinds of crazy in the last month and a half. I'm very lucky that God sent him to me! God knew it would take a special kind of man to keep me straight. :)

X

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

1 comment:

  1. I just came upon your blog through another. Congrats on baby to come! We are a family of FXrs. Feel free to come visit my blog at fragilemom.blogspot. In the meantime, I'm going to add yours to my list.

    ReplyDelete