Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It Never Fails

You know that feeling when you tell someone your child can or cannot do something then when your child has the opportunity to prove you right in front of that person they do the exact opposite of what you thought was going to happen. I'm finding that with Dalton this type of thing happens a lot!

Sometimes it just things that I assume he isn't able or just isn't going to do that he does. Before I continue let me just say it took months for him to go into speech therapy by himself.

He started with a new OT at a new office today. He did AMAZING. Given OT seems more like playing to him for the most part but still. He went into the gym with the OT, who was also amazing,  by himself. I could see him through a one way window. He didn't cry the first tear. It took him a few minutes to warm up but once he did he did amazing. The OT had nothing but good things to say.

6 months ago I wondered if we would ever see a day he could go with someone that wasn't part of our family by himself to do anything like this. I'm starting to think that maybe just maybe I'm the one who has the serious separation anxiety.

I'm learning everyday with the right amount of encouragement and a little bit of space he can do so much more than I give him credit for.

X

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment