Saturday, November 17, 2012

Continue On

In January, we will be celebrating numerous occasions. My sister's birthday, our 6 year anniversary, and welcoming a new baby. We will also be 1 year into our Fragile X diagnosis. It's amazing how in a year so much can change.

As I think back about the last year and all the changes we have went through. From Dalton's diagnosis, moving to Tennessee, and preparing for our new edition it amazes me.

When we first received Dalton's diagnosis it felt like time was frozen for a few days, like we would never move beyond the spot that we were currently occupying. Obviously I was wrong :) Life continued on regardless of how I felt about it.

I have had to face and deal with things that never crossed my mind before this year. I was in the "It couldn't happen to me" lane; until "it did happen to me." Being the mother of a special needs child is difficult and stressful but in the same breath it's wonderful and amazing. Because regardless of whether Dalton has special needs or not he is my little boy.

The Lord has seen us through every change and obstacle this year. He has never left our side. I'm positive that he will see us through the next year and every year that he keeps us here on this Earth.

Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment