Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I wrote on here. It's been a crazy few months around our place.

Dalton has been doing fairly well. We have been experimenting some with medicine for his social anxiety and hyperactivity. It hasn't went very well and not nearly as successful as we had hoped for. But we will get there it's just a lot of trial and error I guess.

He is getting better with handling his speech therapy sessions, it took him a little while to adjust to the change but it is getting better all the time. I have discovered that his vocabulary is much broader than we ever imagined but we have to drag the words out of him. It's like he sees no point in saying the words more than he can't or doesn't know them. But, we are working on getting him to realize he has to say more than just the one thing that he wants.

His favorite is "choc" for chocolate milk and getting him to say "I want choc, please" is like pulling teeth sometimes.

We have started a new LINKS group, Fragile X Families of the Appalachians! We are super excited about it and can't wait to get the ball rolling on some activities! Look us up on Facebook!

Dalton isn't normally big on sitting still for pictures but my sister, her sister-in-law, and I took the kids to a nearby spot to try to get some of the two. Dalton did so well! I was thoroughly impressed. My daughter, not affected by FX, is normally the more cooperative and happy go lucky child. However, that day big brother showed her up!


John 14:27 NKJV -- Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment