Friday, August 24, 2012

Service Dogs

First off, this is off the subject of what the rest of my writing will be about today BUT Dalton let me cut his hair without a fight. No fighting, screaming, and no one holding him down tonight. I'm was excited and proud I could have cried! Just had to share!

Charlie and I have been debating getting a service dog for Dalton. For multiple different reasons. I have looked into multiple companies that all say they are the best to get a dog from of course. But man oh man are they expensive! $13,000 is about the average cost. It's crazy.

We have been discussing the pros and cons. The most important pro for me is to help Dalton not run when we go out in public because at his age he would be tethered to dog by a belt sort of thing and also there are "amazing" stories on many different websites of how the dogs have helped calm children down and given them a friend when it's very difficult for them to make friends with other humans. Of course the cons is the up keep of a dog, another mouth to feed, and most importantly for me cleaning up the hair inside of my house.

So, to me most of the cons that we have came up with are selfish "it's going to take more effort are our part" cons. I know that we will have to do tons of fundraising and probably have to wait for a while to get a service dog for him but I think we are going to attempt it none the less. If the dog can help in any of the areas it is supposed to be trained for it's worth a try!

Isaiah 41:10 NKJV
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

X

No comments:

Post a Comment