Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Conference

I enjoyed myself so much at the conference in Miami. I loved getting to meet families who deal with the same struggles as we do each and everyday. It's great to have a group on Facebook to connect with people but to be able to share a meal with someone and talk about your children and for them to just "get it" is indescribably wonderful.
On an everyday basis in our community when we are out and about with Dalton when he is having a bad day or just a momentary meltdown we get "the look." I know that most parents in general but especially any parent with a special needs child knows what I'm talking about. It's the "your child doesn't look different than other children so he must just be a brat" look. But at the Conference it was different. Rooms full of people that understood and knew the feelings that a simple look can bring on.

We learned tons of things from our sessions as well. I loved the sessions with Mouse and Tracy and my favorite was one with Cindi Rogers. I came home with lots of ideas and new strategies to try. It's just a matter of doing them now!

Philippians 4:19 NKJV
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.     

X

No comments:

Post a Comment