Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bad Days

Bad days, everyone has them right? Well it seems "Fragile X Bad days" are in a class all their own! And today was one of those days!

It seems like we can have 5 wonderful days then one day of meltdowns, crying, and fighting and it seems to take another 5 days to recover from that one bad day. Today was a "I'm not going to do anything you want me to" days. So, of course now that we're home and he has calmed down I start going back through the day to see "why".

I know that there is only so much I can control in life. There will be things that come up that I can do nothing about regardless of the amount of planning that I try to do. But, I also know that my overlooking or forgetting of one simple or big thing can cause a cascade fall of emotions and meltdowns for him.

One big issue right now for Dalton is that he has discovered the word "NO" and that he can say that for certain things and he doesn't have to do it. However, he has yet to understand that he doesn't always get a choice. This is how much of our conversations went today ME: Dalton put your seat belt on and leave it on. Dalton: NO! Me: YES! Dalton: YES, NO!

X

Psalm 144:1-2
Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

No comments:

Post a Comment