Friday, July 20, 2012

Patiently waiting.

It seems we spend our whole lives waiting. When we are little we can't wait to be a teenager so we can drive and go on dates. Then we can't wait to be eighteen so we can vote or buy a lottery ticket. Then we can't wait to get married and have kids. Then when you have kids the "waiting for" list just gets longer and changes again.
We have kids then we can't wait for them to rollover, crawl, walk, and talk. These are the things that tell us they are okay. That you are doing at least an okay job. Then when these progressions are halted for whatever reason it is like being 10 again and feeling like you are never going to get to drive or go on your first date.

Dalton has moved beyond the initial things. Like I have said he has been doing so well. He still has his days but overall he is improving on some level all the time. We are trying a new medicine to help him calm down and another medicine to help some with anxiety.

However, I'm still waiting for the day I get to hear my little boy say "I Love You." It is a phrase that I have taken for granted until recently. It's something that I thought he would be saying two years ago and so I had been waiting to hear those words already then to add two more years to that seems like a lifetime. However, I know that when the words finally come they shall be that much sweeter.

The plans I have had for my family and my children are not what I thought they would be. My plans were nothing but passing thoughts. God had a plan and regardless of what I "thought" should be. His plans will be. His hand is in everything from the largest of decisions to the smallest task or "phrases" of the day. God's timing is perfect regardless of how my humanly heart feels at times.

X

Psalm 27:14 NKJV

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment