Thursday, April 26, 2012

Schedules

We are beginning the visual schedule journey. I have to say out of all the changes we've made to try to help Dalton in the best ways possible this one scares me most. Scare probably isn't the right word. I'm going to go with bothers me the most. We've never really had a schedule in our household as far as our days go. We get up, eat breakfast, and then do whatever we want to for the rest of the day. We've never had a set time for baths or reading a book. Everything just happened when I had time and felt up to it. We've never never had a set routine for bed. I think this is why it bothers me so much. Because I know for the visual schedule to work I have to be consistent with it so he can learn to trust the schedule. That's probably why I've put it off for so long. But, I have the board set up and with the help from Dalton's teacher I have some pictures to get us started. So starting tomorrow we will begin the visual schedule! I'm a little nervous about it. But, I definitely want to see if it will help him!

No comments:

Post a Comment