Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Comfort

We have been doing fundraising to go to the Fragile X conference in Miami. We have about half of the amount that we need to go in about a two week time frame. :) I've been amazed and extremely grateful at the response from our neighbors, family, and friends. We are really feeling the support!

Charlie and I are very excited for this opportunity to get to meet other families and other people who in a sense are on a similar journey as us. I say similar because just like with everything else no two experiences will be the same.

Plus we've never been to Florida :)

The last few months have been a pretty big roller coaster for us emotionally. It took us 2 years to get the testing Dalton needed and I had to convince his pediatrician, almost demand, that they send us somewhere to have him tested. Dalton has always been behind in speech but not too bad in other areas. Therefore I was always the "overreacting mother." Now I'm glad that I was.

Having a name for the issue doesn't fix it of course. But it tells us how we can give him the best help available and what services we need to be seeking. I'm not going to lie "fragile x" threw me for a loop. I'd never really even heard of it! So for us it went from Dalton has a speaking problem to he has Fragile x and you are a carrier and your daughter could be effected to! Talk about a swift kick to the behind.

God has carried us through all the completely life altering events and decisions in the last few months and I fully believe he will continue to do so. Of course in our humanly form we worry, stress, and lose sleep over the various questions that we ask. Are we doing everything we can? Are we getting the right services from the right people? What will the future be like for him? & our family?

Sometimes the only thing I want is for someone to say "it's okay." BUT here on Earth I will never get that for sure answer. Because honestly no one can tell me what tomorrow will be like, how far that my son will go, or what he can/will accomplish.

But, my heavenly Father knows the plans he has for Dalton and our family and he will never leave us nor forsake us. This is where my comfort will reside.

Psalm 108:4-For Your mercy is great above the heavens, And Your truth reaches to the clouds.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment