Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Challenges

Dalton has been doing wonderful! We have been working really hard each morning. We are up to 55 minutes each morning. A huge success for us!
Dalton is even responding better to just simple commands. "Get your cup and bring it to me." "Dalton reach me that plate." "Dalton, go pick up your Buzz Lightyear and put it back in the toy box." He also is getting better with sorting. I have a set of colored counting bears in 5 colors (purple, red, blue, green, and yellow) and they have corresponding colored cups. I got them last week and we started working with just 2 colors. He has been able to sort all 5 different colors now.
I have been trying to make different games and activities to do with him. Which is quite humorous because I'm not a "crafty" person at all! But I'm digging deep and have been able to accomplish making a few things. But I have to figure out some new ones he has almost mastered all the ones I have now. I have to find ways to fill up our sessions in the mornings! :)

I believe that one reason God gave me Dalton is to challenge me everyday with something new. To make me learn and explore new things that I never would have thought I would have before. And I'm sure that those things will only increase from this point forward!

Deuteronomy 31:6-Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”


X

No comments:

Post a Comment