Friday, March 9, 2012

The Unknown

The hardest part about all of this--Is the unknown. It's what has driven us to find answers for Dalton's issues and now even with an answer it's what plagues me everyday. What will he be like in 5 years, 5 weeks, or even 5 minutes some days.
I think as humans the not knowing is the scariest thing for us. Well for me anyway. Because the unknown isn't something I can't control or even guess at. Sure there is a certain amount of uncertainty in everyone's life. But there is also a "normal course" that most people's life will follow. So, to know that the "normal course" won't be an option is earth shattering. Because even if the course just slightly changes to the right or left or if it completely diverts to a different direction. You just don't have any idea of what is going to happen.

Of course regardless of whether I know the answer or not God knows it. That is what I have taken comfort in. God knows the plans he has made for me, Dalton, and the rest of my family.
We have made it through our first week of working each morning and sitting down for at least 15 minutes each day. He even sat a little longer for me today. :) Another small victory for us.

So, my husband ask me where I came up with "X Marks the Spot" as the name for my blog. I thought well maybe no one else gets it either. Since he was diagnosed with Fragile "X" and in the games/movies "X" marks the spot for a treasure. I thought it was truly fitting because Dalton is one of our little treasures.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

X

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I may not get to see you all everyday but I know a great, responsive mother when I see one. I know that I have not recieved my full degree in Early Childhood Education, but my experience tells me that every single step that you have taken with him up to this point is the reason why he is having all of these sucesses. YES, they may seem little to some, but they are big, important steps and your complete determination will benefit him more then anything else. You may feel alone, but know you have a family who loves all of you and cares about all of you and is praying for all of you. The best part is, Dalton is alive and happy and content, everything else at this point is trivial and something you will work through. I love your blogs and I think that you are going to reach someone out there that can really use this information. I am proud of you Britt and the sacrafices you make for your children. You and Charlie are wonderful parents and it brings tears to my eyes to see all the wonderful things you guys are doing. I know its stressful, but you both are doing so great, dont give up!!!! love you girly!!!!
    Stephanie Marshall

    ReplyDelete