Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To work or not to work?

I think as a mother this is a question many of us ask at some point or another.  It has always been a struggle with us I know and now with everything we have going on, it's an even bigger issue.
Where do we draw the line. I get so frustrated with the you have this much time to take off, you have this amount of time to miss without pay, & you MIGHT qualify for a leave or FMLA but you have to sign your life away & so does your doctor. That's after you pay the doctor $20 bucks to fill out the paperwork for you to take your UNPAID time off. Got to love the corporate system.

Not that I don't appreciate the point of FMLA and I've had to use my fair share of it. But, it's like I'm always torn between well "Are the kids sick enough today or will it be worse tomorrow?" And I hate that feeling or the worrying about "Will I have a job if I have to take multiple days off in a row!?"

So then you start looking at other options. Then you think "Well maybe I can do something from home" Then it is wading through the trash to try and actually find a job that will make you money and not just be a get rich quick scam! There is no ONE good answer for every one's situation. Of course, if your are a single parent that changes the whole ball game I'm sure.

I guess what I'm getting at is there is NO good answer to this question that I have been able to find so far anyway! It's all just one big balancing act and hoping you choose right.

I believe that as long as I put my children first God will work at the rest. That's what I have to rely on for now :)

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

X

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany! I am so glad I found your blog. I don't know where you live in VA, but I live and work in DC, and I'm a Christian. I just found out that I'm a premutation carrier and 6 weeks away from having a baby boy. I'd love to get in touch with you. lisa.wink@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found the blog as well. I hope you find it helpful. I'm located in Southern VA.

    ReplyDelete