Monday, March 12, 2012

Questions

Don't we all have questions. Multiple ones each day.

I read something not to long ago that said the "typical" 4-year-old would ask over 365 questions everyday. EVERYDAY!! Isn't that insane?

I remember when my nieces and nephews were younger and they would ask at least that many questions or more it seemed like when I would keep them. In fact, some days it still seems like they ask that many. It would drive me crazy. I would say "Please give me just 2 minutes without asking me a question! Just 2 minutes!" Of course they might make it 30 seconds before they were yet again asking questions.

And now I'm begging Dalton to ask me a question. I know other FX parents have to feel the same way. I try to coax it out of him in every direction. When he finally asked "Where's the remote?" because he wanted to watch Netflix on the Wii. I was elated! Not only did he say "where's the remote" but he shrugged his shoulders and put his hands in the air! Of course he got to watch Netflix.

Which told me two things. 1. He could say the words where's, the, and remote! 2. He understood the concept of asking a question which is probably the most important thing.

Being able to ask a question is something I have always taken for granted. Now I'm beginning to understand how very valuable this simple thing really is.

Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.

X

1 comment:

  1. My sons, now age 7, will throw their hands in the air and say "remote, where are you?"

    ReplyDelete